Silica gel orange - Desiccant Sachets
excl. VAT. | 20 unit(s) per Pack Qty.
Art. No. N079.1
Now recurring orders conveniently delivered as a subscription!
With the new Carl Roth Replenishment Service you can let products be ordered automatically which you need regularly in your lab!How it works:
Put all products for your subscription in the desired quantity in the basket.
In the shopping cart, select the option "Order shopping cart as subscription" Order as subscription.
Set Starty point and interval for your subscription and submit order!
By the way: Through your account you can customize or delete your subscriptions anytime.
Desiccant sachets protect valuable and sensitive goods against dampness.
- Manufactured from white long fiber paper
- Filling: Silica Gel Orange
- The different sized bags and different volumes enable multi-purpose application
- Colour change from orange to colourless at 15-20 wt% shows the degree of saturation of the sachet
Used in packaging for storage and transport to protect sensitive electronic instruments, equipment, machine parts, chemical products and goods against dampness.
Silica gel orange - Desiccant Sachets 50 g (9 × 12 cm), with indicator
|Regeneration||not possible, as the long fibre paper is not temperature resistant|
- Subtotal: 0.00
|Order No.||Pack Qty.||Packaging||Price||Quantity|
|N079.1||20 unit(s)||50 g sachets (9 x 12 cm)||€38.90||
Available at short notice
Delivery date currently unknown
Silica gels protect moisture sensitive goods or chemicals during storage and transport. They are suitable for drying virtually all gases and solids.
Silica gels have a broad spectrum of application in the laboratory and in technical and industrial sectors:
- Possible applications in the laboratory are in desiccators, drying towers and in absorption tubes
- In the industrial sector they are mainly used in drying plants and with various types of packaging
- Are not suitable for drying liquids and alkaline substances
In order to achieve low residual water content over the silica gel, the capacity can only be utilised partially. The less silica gel is loaded with water the more intensively it dries. For example, to achieve a residual water content of 1 mg/l the loading must not be higher than 5,2 g water / 100 g silica gel.
Desiccants can absorb water and bind it chemically (reversibly or irreversibly) or physically. The main desiccants can be subdivided into four categories:
• non-renewable chemical desiccants
• renewable chemical desiccants
• silica gels
• molecular sieves
Is not possible for the desiccant bags, as the long fiber paper is not temperature-stable.
|20 % rel. humidity||approx. 10 %|
|40 % rel. humidity||approx. 19 %|
|50 % rel. humidity||approx. 23 %|
|Colour change from orange to colourless. Regeneration is not possible.|