Silica gel industry grade, 5 kg
Melting point (mp) >550 °C
CAS No. [1327-36-2]
excl. VAT. | 5 kg per Pack Qty.
Art. No. CN70.2
Now recurring orders conveniently delivered as a subscription!
With the new Carl Roth Replenishment Service you can let products be ordered automatically which you need regularly in your lab!How it works:
Put all products for your subscription in the desired quantity in the basket.
In the shopping cart, select the option "Order shopping cart as subscription" Order as subscription.
Set Starty point and interval for your subscription and submit order!
By the way: Through your account you can customize or delete your subscriptions anytime.
Silica gel industry grade pearls, w/o indicator
- Drying buildings
- Drying carpets and furniture
- And much more
- Distribute approx. 6-8 kg/m2. Caution! Standing water must be removed beforehand
- Keep windows and doors closed. Turn off heating.
- Depending on moisture level, the dry pearls can be removed after approx. 1-10 days
- Control for water absorption: dry 1 kg of moist product in oven for approx. 4 hours at 130-150 °C and weigh subsequently. If the weight difference (=water absorption) is approx. 360 g, the product should be replaced
|Regeneration||130-150 °C, approx. 4 hours|
- Subtotal: 0.00
|Order No.||Pack Qty.||Pack.||Price||Quantity|
Available at short notice
Delivery date currently unknown
Desiccants can absorb water and bind it chemically (reversibly or irreversibly) or physically. The main desiccants can be subdivided into four categories:
• non-renewable chemical desiccants
• renewable chemical desiccants
• silica gels
• molecular sieves
|Acetic acid anhydride||-||-||+||-|
|Acetic acid ethyl ester||4 Å||+||-||+|
|Acetic acid methyl ester||4 Å||+||-||+|
|Diisopropyl ether||4 Å||-||+||-|
|Dimethyl formamide||4 Å||-||-||-|
|Xylene (Isomer compound)||4 Å||-||+||-|
Silica gels protect moisture sensitive goods or chemicals during storage and transport. They are suitable for drying virtually all gases and solids.
Silica gels have a broad spectrum of application in the laboratory and in technical and industrial sectors:
- Possible applications in the laboratory are in desiccators, drying towers and in absorption tubes
- In the industrial sector they are mainly used in drying plants and with various types of packaging
- Are not suitable for drying liquids and alkaline substances
In order to achieve low residual water content over the silica gel, the capacity can only be utilised partially. The less silica gel is loaded with water the more intensively it dries. For example, to achieve a residual water content of 1 mg/l the loading must not be higher than 5,2 g water / 100 g silica gel.
• Non toxic
• Regeneration at 130-150 °C; approx. 4 hours
• Easy to handle
• Can be mixed with coloured Silica Gels
• Unproblematic disposal
|Appearance||pearls, colourless to brown|
|Particle size||1-2,3 mm|
|BET-surface||approx. 750 m2/g|
|10 % rel. humidity||approx. 6 weight %|
|80 % rel. humidity||approx. 45 weight %|
|Regeneration at 130-150 °C.|