GELRITE®, 500 g
Transport temp. ambient temp.
CAS No. [71010-52-1]
GELRITE® is a highly-purified, natural heteropolysaccharide which forms stable, agar-like gels when exposed to soluble salts.
excl. VAT. | 500 g per Pack Qty.
Art. No. 0039.1
Now recurring orders conveniently delivered as a subscription!
With the new Carl Roth Replenishment Service you can let products be ordered automatically which you need regularly in your lab!How it works:
Put all products for your subscription in the desired quantity in the basket.
In the shopping cart, select the option "Order shopping cart as subscription" Order as subscription.
Set Starty point and interval for your subscription and submit order!
By the way: Through your account you can customize or delete your subscriptions anytime.
Do you have a question about this product?
GELRITE® Gelrite® for microbiology
GELRITE® is a highly-purified, natural heteropolysaccharide which forms stable, agar-like gels when exposed to soluble salts. Compared to agar however, only about half the amount is required.
- consistent product quality
- almost 100 % batch-to-batch conformity
- forms remarkably clear gels
- reduces preparation time as gels form faster
- remains stable even at high temperatures and is therefore also ideal for thermophilic microorganisms; gels can withstand repeated autoclaving without any changes to gel strength
- indicates no toxic contaminations (e.g. through phenols, as found in agar)
- is chemically inert against most media additives
- is resistant to enzymatic degradation
- is non-toxic (no signs of toxicity in rats exposed to a dose of 5.000 mg/kg)
- is very economical to use
GELRITE® has been specially developed as a gelling agent for microbiological culture media. It can however, replace agar in other applications, too.
Polymerisation of GELRITE® is enhanced in the presence of (bivalent) kations. It is therefore supplemented by MgCl2 if a solid gel structure is required. Elevated salt concentrations increase gelling temperature (e.g. 500 mM Na+ to approx. 68 °C with 1 % GELRITE®). When using very high salt concentrations like e.g. seawater, gelling capacity may be significantly reduced.
Linear polysaccharide comprising of O-acetylate glycuronic acid, glucose and rhamnose units.
- Subtotal: 0.00
|Order No.||Pack Qty.||Pack.||Price||Quantity|
Available at short notice
Delivery date currently unknown
|Gel strength||400-700 g/cm2|
|Loss on drying||≤15,0 %|