Silica gel orange, 500 g, plastic
Melting point (mp) >550 °C
CAS No. [1327-36-2]
excl. VAT. | 500 g per Pack Qty.
Art. No. P077.4
Now recurring orders conveniently delivered as a subscription!
With the new Carl Roth Replenishment Service you can let products be ordered automatically which you need regularly in your lab!How it works:
Put all products for your subscription in the desired quantity in the basket.
In the shopping cart, select the option "Order shopping cart as subscription" Order as subscription.
Set Starty point and interval for your subscription and submit order!
By the way: Through your account you can customize or delete your subscriptions anytime.
Alternative product: environmentally friendly silica gel.
- Patented, organic humidity indicator - heavy metal free
- Reversible colour change
Silica gel orange 2-5 mm, with indicator, beads
- Regeneration at max. 130 °C, approximately 4 hours
- Adsorption capacity: at 80 % relative humidity approx. 40 wt%
- Colour change from orange to colourless at approx. 6 wt% load
- Large surface (approx. 750 m2/g), enables high absorption capacity of steam
- Total adsorption capacity is similar to blue gel (Silica Gel Blue)
|Regeneration||130 °C, approx. 4 hours|
- Subtotal: 0.00
|Order No.||Pack Qty.||Pack.||Price||Quantity|
Delivery date currently unknown
Desiccants can absorb water and bind it chemically (reversibly or irreversibly) or physically. The main desiccants can be subdivided into four categories:
- non-renewable chemical desiccants
- renewable chemical desiccants
- silica gels
- molecular sieves
|Acetic acid anhydride||-||-||+||-|
|Acetic acid ethyl ester||4 Å||+||-||+|
|Acetic acid methyl ester||4 Å||+||-||+|
|Diisopropyl ether||4 Å||-||+||-|
|Dimethyl formamide||4 Å||-||-||-|
|Xylene (Isomer compound)||4 Å||-||+||-|
Silica gels protect moisture sensitive goods or chemicals during storage and transport. They are suitable for drying virtually all gases and solids.
Silica gels have a broad spectrum of application in the laboratory and in technical and industrial sectors:
- Possible applications in the laboratory are in desiccators, drying towers and in absorption tubes
- In the industrial sector they are mainly used in drying plants and with various types of packaging
- Are not suitable for drying liquids and alkaline substances
In order to achieve low residual water content over the silica gel, the capacity can only be utilised partially. The less silica gel is loaded with water the more intensively it dries. For example, to achieve a residual water content of 1 mg/l the loading must not be higher than 5,2 g water / 100 g silica gel.
Is not possible for the desiccant bags, as the long fiber paper is not temperature-stable.
|Particle size||2-5 mm|
|BET-surface||approx. 750 m2/g|
|10 % rel. humidity||approx. 6,5 weight %|
|80 % rel. humidity||approx. 42 weight %|
|Filled under protective gas. Colour change from orange to colourless at approx. 6 weight-% load. Regeneration at 130 °C, approx. 4 hours.|