Silica gel 60 G/F254, 250 g
Molar mass (M) 60,09 g/mol
Density (D) 2,3 g/cm³
Melting point (mp) 1713 °C
CAS No. 7631-86-9
Excl. btw | 250 g Per VE
Geschikt voor / Toebehoren
- Tussentotaal: 0.00
Niet meer verkrijgbaar
- Tussentotaal: 0.00
Downloads / MSDS
U vindt nog meer aantrekkelijke aanbiedingen om uw chromatografielaboratorium te vervolledigen op onze Chromatografie pagina!
Although the principle of thin-layer chromatography is more than a century old, it did not make its breakthrough as an analytical method until about 50 years ago.
Thanks to the development of new sorbents and supports, as well as increasing instrumentation and automation, TLC has become a versatile separation method. It is used both in qualitative analysis and in quantitative analysis.
Applications range from simple manual separation processes in classic TLC to automated processes in HPTLC (high performance thin layer chromatography).
Advantages of thin layer chromatography:
- Higher sample throughput in less time
- Suitable for screening tests
- Pilot process for HPLC
- The ready-to-use TLC layer functions as a data storage device for separation results
- The separated substances can be used later for further analysis (e.g. IR, MS)
- By switching the mobile and the stationary phases, the separation process can be optimised quickly and cost-efficient
Silica gels are the most important base material for thin layer chromatography. We therefore offer a range of specially selected silica gels 60 for preparing your own TLC plates. Our programme ranges from G-types (with gypsum) to a P-type (for preparative applications).
- Spec. surface: ~400-500 m2/g
- Mean pore diameter: 60 Å
- Pore volume: ~0,8 ml/g
- Particle size: 0-20 μm or 0-40 μm (preparative)
- Loss on drying: <9 %
- pH-value (5 % suspension): ~7
Silica gels are the most important sorbents in the purification and separation processes used in column chromatography. Our extensive range of silica gels with various different pore and particle sizes means that we always have the right material for any separation procedure. In addition to standard 60 Å silica gel, our range includes silica gels with pore sizes between 150 Å and 4500 Å, as well 22 Å and 35 Å for separating particularly small molecules. A selection of modified silica gel 60 grades completes the range.
- Extensive range
- Stringent quality control of the starting materials and the end products
- High purity; optimised to meet the needs of chromatography applications
- Large surface area for a high load-bearing capacity
- Tight particle size distribution for optimal efficiency and low pressure variations
|Particle size||2-55 µm|
|Calcium sulphate (CaSO4)||11-15 %|
|pH value (5 % suspension)||5,5-7,5|
|Pore volume||0,65-0,85 ml/g|
|Specific surface||350-450 m2/g|